mission to our neighbors and the nations
Our purpose as a church is to glorify God by being and making disciples of Jesus Christ who are a community of worshippers on mission. We live out the “mission” part of this in a couple ways: First, by living as faithful witnesses of Jesus Christ in our everyday lives among our families, neighborhoods, and communities. Second, we organize our efforts and support like-minded partners and ministries for the sake of local mission to our neighbors and global mission to the nations.
The following statement and values guide our organized mission efforts.
To make disciples and to plant and strengthen multiplying churches by spreading the gospel and serving those in need among all peoples.
- Make disciples: Our work is especially focused on spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ, calling people to follow him, and helping them grow as his disciples (Matt. 28:16–20).
- Plant and strengthen multiplying churches: The goal of missions is to establish healthy churches that are able to continue the work of making disciples and planting more churches. We also work to strengthen already-existing local churches to help them grow in making disciples, biblical doctrine, leadership development, and serving the needy (Acts 14:21–23).
- Spreading the gospel and serving those in need: We seek to reflect Christ’s comprehensive and compassionate ministry of both speaking the gospel message and serving with good works (Mark 6:34–36).
- Among all peoples: The mission of Christ’s people is to spread the gospel across the globe and create worshipers from every ethnically and linguistically unique people group. We are committed to reaching the least-reached people groups that presently have limited or no faithful gospel witness (Rom. 15; Rev. 7).
Our biblical, shared, core beliefs that help guide our decisions and practice towards fruitful mission engagement:
- Gospel Centrality: Proclaiming and demonstrating the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Intentional Focus: Proactively seeking and regularly evaluating partnerships to align with ZF's missions strategies and focus.
- Commitment to the Unreached: Partnering to reach the least reached people groups of the world.
- Relational Connection: Consistently encouraging, supporting, and praying for our partners.
- Priority of the Local Church: Prioritizing work that makes and matures disciples to serve in and through the local church.
- Whole Church Engagement: Mobilizing members to engage in global missions by learning, praying, encouraging, sending, giving, or going.
If you would like to receive the Missions Newsletter and how you can pray for our missionaries, please sign up below.